NEWBERRY – Downtown Newberry hosted Pork in the Park, a contest sponsored by the Southern Barbeque Network (SBN), on Saturday. There were 19 teams at this year’s event. Winners were selected for pork, ribs and chicken, as well as overall champion and reserve champion.
The overall champion went to Hey Good Buddy and the reserve champion went to Chicka-Pigga-Moo.
The top three results in each category were:
• Third place: Can’t Quit Smokin BBQ.
• Second place: “R” Us from Butt.
• First place: Chicka-Pigga-Moo.
• Third place: Backdraft BBQ SC.
• Second place: SC Smokey D’s.
• First place: Hello, good friend.
• Third place: “R” Us by Butt.
• Second place: Chicka-Pigga-Moo.
• First place: Can’t Quit Smokin BBQ.
A full list of competitors and results is available on the SBN website.
Andy Husk is the editor of The Newberry Observer, contact him at 803-768-3117.